12.02.2011

Time Flies...

... no matter what level of fun you may or may not be having. Everyone says this, but I cannot believe my baby girl will be five months old next week. What happened to the pregnancy? I am now fully convinced the older you get the faster time seems to go... I never used to believe adults when they made such comments. Just yesterday I was thinking about something that happened when I first began working in the restaurant business (which feels like just a short time ago), and it occurred to me that as I am just shy of thirty said incident took place nearly HALF MY LIFETIME ago. Sheesh...

In a totally unrelated theme, I am so not ready for Christmas. Can we just back up a few weeks and allow some time to "deck the halls"? With the adjustment of working-part-time-from-home-teaching-baby-to-sleep-at-night-trying-to-cram-all-my-housework-into-naptime-traveling-for-the-holidays-for-the-first-time-with-a-baby, I haven't even begun to prepare for the season of good tidings and great joy. Good thing it's not really about the gifts for which I have no idea what to even put on my list. Not only do we not yet have a Christmas tree (note the date of this post as December 1st), but when I went in the basement yesterday with the intent of retrieving our holiday decorations I decided to thoroughly purge a massive amount of clutter instead. Yep... those decorations are still in their clear plastic totes! I'm half tempted to succumb to the "bah, humbug" voice in my head and try for better luck next year. If it wasn't baby girl's first Christmas...