12.20.2011

Homespun Advent {Part 1}

My newfound obsession with Pinterest has lead me to consider myself perhaps more crafty than I truly am. Even so, it has become my vision to add to our holiday decorations with a variety of homespun crafts.


I adore all the bookpage craftiness that is floating around the web these days, as it appeals to both my literary nature and our "vintagey" home decor. My first project became these flowers delicately crafted from an old book, the inspiration for which can be found here. The addition of a few holly berries {I've since added three berries to the middle of each flower} and a red crocheted garland made these flowers the perfect touch for my beloved grapevine wreath. I thought the crocheted garland was inspired by this homemade creation, but as I look now at the original wreath I find myself wondering where my mind's memory began to stray. To give credit where credit is due...

I never know how to decorate my {extremely} limited kitchen countertops. Enter a cinnamon stick candle, an empty Oberweis milk bottle, and a few stray pinecones and... vuala! A little bit of Christmas cheer is born. Stay tuned for more homespun tidings...